Thursday, May 5, 2011

The first kick!

So for a couple of weeks now MW has been able to feel the little guy moving around inside. It seems like everytime after she eats there would be 20 minutes of her saying "OOO there he is!" That was excellent news to hear, but I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't feel him moving at all. Well that all changed a couple of days ago.

It was actually the day of our most recent midwife appointment (a blog post regarding that is forthcoming) The midwife had asked if we were able to feel him moving around yet and MW said yes, but I was said no. "Soon enough" was the response and goodness was she right. We were in our room watching a little TV and all of a sudden MW told me to put my hand on her belly, I did even though I knew nothing would come of it. All of a sudden there was a little boop! I put my head down on her belly and it was like there was a little baby Pele in there, I felt two strong kicks when I started to talk to him.

It was very exciting to feel the kicks, but more exciting feeling him react to my voice when I was talking to him. So even though you feel silly talking to a belly, they can hear you in there so talk away!

No comments:

Post a Comment