Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Damn hormones you scary!

So I did a post earlier about the hormones that I felt racing as a dad to be, but I also wanted to write a post on the thing many guys fear once they are a bit into their pregnancy....the mommy hormones. Yes its true that guys have hormones, but a pregnant lady blows those out of the water.

The biggest thing you need to remember about pregnancy hormones is that they happen and not to take anything personally. MW is one of the most loving, kind woman I have ever known, but my first taste of mommy hormones ended with me eating dinner alone while MW and AP went to dinner....that's right I got uninvited.

The thing to remember about these hormones is that as suddenly as they get bad, they usually turn around just as fast. So just weather the storm. If for whatever reason your significant other has more down then up, well thats life deal with it. Just do your best to be supportive and make sure you tell her how proud you are! I mean we all like being told we did a good job and most of us have never grown another human inside.

Another thing I have found works well is to be proactive. Avoid topics you know will not end well for you. Sure you may want to go out and do something, but if you know that she doesn't want to be nice and say sorry maybe later (not all the time necessarily). Although the hormones are a bit out of whack you really just need to be patient, use common sense and stay positive.

Hang in there guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment